Community Safety Partnership
This page explains the role of the Community Safety Partnership, which works to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour locally.
We work with partner organisations to keep the area one of the safest places to live in the country.
We have formed a powerful alliance known as the Community Safety Partnership (CSP), aimed at clamping down on crime and anti-social behaviour in the borough.
Every year the partnership produces a Community Safety Plan which sets out how it plans to combat crime and disorder in the coming year.
The leading partner organisations that make up the CSP are:
- Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
- Surrey County Council
- Surrey Police
- Surrey Fire and Rescue Service
- Raven Housing Trust
- Surrey and Sussex Probation Trust
- Clinical Commissioning Groups.
Representatives from the voluntary sector are also invited.
Priorities for 2013- 2014
The Community Safety Plan April 2013 - March 2014 (PDF document [623.2Kb]) pledges that the partners will work together to focus on prevention and enforcement around:
- reducing anti-social behaviour (with an increased focus on victims)
- tackling substance misuse (alcohol and drugs)
- reducing serious acquisitive crime (domestic burglary, vehicle crime)
- tackling domestic abuse.
Priorities are reviewed annually. Progress and achievements on the priorities identified in 2012-2013 is included within the Community Safety plan.
Last updated : 24/04/2013