Business rates online forms
Complete direct debit, occupation and vacation forms online. Find out about business rates in the borough.
Complete forms online
These forms open in a new window:
- Application for small business relief (please complete this form if you occupy one main property with a rateable value under £12,000)
- Change of circumstances (please complete this form if you need to tell us about any changes other than moving in or out of a commercial property)
- Direct Debit mandate (please complete this form if you would like to pay your business rates by Direct Debit)
- Mandatory/Discretionary rate relief application - currently unavailable, sorry
- Occupation (please complete this form if you need to advise the Council that you are responsible for a commercial property in this borough)
- Vacation (please complete this form if you have recently moved out of a commercial property in this borough).
About business rates
National Non-Domestic Rates, usually known as business rates, is a tax on all non-domestic properties and is the means by which businesses and others who occupy or own these properties contribute towards the cost of local services.
The Valuation Office Agency, an executive agency of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), is responsible for valuing non-domestic properties and assessing the rateable values.
The Government sets the two rates in the pound (the multipliers) each year and the rates bill is calculated by multiplying the rateable value of a property by the appropriate rate in the pound.
Following a revaluation (which takes place every five years), the amount payable may also be reduced or increased by the transitional scheme that phases in the effects of the new valuation.
Local authorities like Reigate and Banstead are responsible for collecting the rates and passing this to the Government.
The proceeds are paid into the national rating pool by the Government and redistributed to local authorities on a formula basis to contribute to local government expenditure.
If you would like to make an enquiry about your account or any other enquiry, please call
- 01737 276691
- 01737 276532.
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated : 30/05/2014